After a really, really busy period at work (Christmas, NYE etc.) I finally have vacation. I really, really needed this vacation, probably more than I expected. It is finally time to sit back and relax. I especially needed some time with Layla and it has already been perfect. She grows so fast and I just don’t want to miss anything. I can’t believe she will already turn 1 in 2 months. Time flies!
WHAT I HAVE BEEN UP TO LATELY/THE PAST YEAR
- I was pregnant, obviously, and I gave birth (it was awful and beautiful at the same time) to the most beautiful princess I have ever seen. We immediately fell in love with her and it is the most powerful feeling I’ve ever felt. I won’t go into details of the birth, but I will tell you that it is the worst thing I have ever done, and it made me feel awful since I needed almost 1 year to actually feel better. BUT I would do it all over again since it gave me the cutest little princess that I can call mine. And it was all so, so worth it. It sounds cliche but it’s the truth.
- I changed jobs. I used to work for an energy supply company at their webcare department. It was a great job but I had the feeling I couldn’t really grow. So for that reason, and the reason that I really wanted to do something that was close to my heart, I switched jobs. I started working for a perfumery which I love.
- I also decided to go back to ‘school’ and become (or at least try) a professional make-up artist. This is something I am working hard on right now but I do know it takes time so in the meantime I will practice and do my best to become better and better.
- For that reason I also followed a couple of masterclasses from Emma Chen and a pro make-up artist who works at Charlotte Tilbury. I learned so much from only following their masterclasses which was a lot of fun!
- I went to Paris which was a lot of fun. And I finally visited THE Chanel Boutique there which was one of my dreams. Now the Beauty and Fragrance boutique in Antwerp and the Boutique in Amsterdam are on my to-do list. I was in Antwerp last year (more than once) but it only opened a couple of weeks ago. A reason to go back soon!
- I decided to redesign my website. It was a struggle but I think I am happy where the whole lay-out/vibe it going to. I am still finding the perfect way to share everything with you guys. As you might have already seen I really love Chanel and the whole vibe around that brand, but I don’t want everything to be around Chanel. So I am still finding the perfect way to share my biggest love which is beauty and luxury products. If you have any tips, please let me know! I am open to everything. I will also release my portfolio soon with pictures of the looks I created on my clients. This is only harder than I thought it would be. In my eyes nothing is perfect enough to post so for that reason I just don’t want to share it. But, now is the perfect time to finalize everything since I have VACATION!